Welcome to the ESL website, which gives an insight into who we are, what we do and an insight into some of our successes and impact.
We are passionate about inclusion and equality. We are determined to make a positive difference to the lives of all our participants by enabling them to develop their skills, knowledge and confidence in order to achieve their goals and to progress to further learning, volunteering and employment.
Our participants achieve positive outcomes as a result of their hard work, supported by enthusiastic and dedicated staff working across our teams. Our participants tell us that they feel very well supported and enjoy being part of a service where they learn, enjoy and achieve.
- In 2016/17, the following results were achieved:
- 99 apprenticeships achieved construction qualifications and 95% progressed into employment
- 19 learners who took part in community learning courses were supported to progress to work
- 4120 adults, aged 19+, who receive job related information, advice and support
- 210 adults progressed into employment or better working directly with 148 employers
- In the last three months 83 NEET young people, including care leavers, were supported to engage in education, training and employment
The ESL team is also committed to working in close partnership with a wide range of public sector, private sector and community organisations who also to support local people to transform their life opportunities through learning and employment. Across our website you will find information about our many valued partners that are working with us towards a common goal.
If there is something missing, or you want to provide us with positive feedback or make suggestions of how we can improve, please use our feedback page to get in touch.